Every now and then I head over to eBay to see what baseball cards I can scoop up. Generally I am looking for nothing in particular so I just type in something of interest and sort by ending soonest and at time poor decisions follow. eBay and auctions in general are a funny thing, you go in looking for nothing really and then you come out with a few new things that you potentially got caught up in the moment and overpaid for. End rant.
Well I got a few baseball cards in the mail yesterday that I forget I even won and bought on eBay – always a nice surprise. I paid about $4 total for these two cards, and sure if you compare it to the “book” I might have been taken for a ride, but when there are no local shows except once a month – sometimes eBay is the way I scratch the itch.
Without further ado, here is what was in the ol’ mailbox yesterday afternoon:
2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #AGHS12 – Yankees Farewell Tribute Parallel
2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #AGHS8 – Derek Jeter Parallel
There you have it, sometimes when you are in between shows and tired of busting nothing but junk from the retail stores that have all been searched, sometimes eBay is a fun way to get your baseball card fix!
Posted in Allen & Ginter
Tagged 2009 allen, 2009 allen and ginter, Allen & Ginter, baseball card blog, Baseball Cards, ebay baseball cards, jeter, parallel insert, sketch card, yankee stadium, yankees
As I wrote in my last post about the 2009 Allen & Ginter release it is my favorite product out right now, and after depleting the supply (limited) of my local card store I was on a mission to find a retailer that had the 2009 Ginter. That is what took me to the local Super Target, I mean if any retailer is going to have the product, certainly it would be the Super one right? At least that is what I was thinking when I drove over, sure enough there it was, a retail box of Ginter that looked like it had been previously searched, oh well, I guess I will just see what I can get and I snagged a few packs.
I just couldn’t pick what pack I thought felt the luckiest, I’ll be damned if picking cards isn’t something that makes you feel like a kid again! I couldn’t decide on just one pack, so I ended up walking out with 7 packs of 2009 Allen & Ginter, here is what I pulled…
Here are my favorite pulls from the packs:
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #338 – Jason Wong SP – This guy has his own card because he cracked the 2008 Ginter code!
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #NP71 – Josh Hamilton National Pride Card – If you don’t like Josh for his incrediable comeback story, then you have to like him for his unforgettable homerun derby performance!
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #NP58 – Derek Jeter National Pride Card – You know I love the Yankee captain!
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #66 – Alex Rodriguez Mini – I like the mini cards, maybe that will be the set I will try to collect.
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #AGHS8 – Derek Jeter Baseball Highlights – What a classic play!
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #276 – Michael Phelps Mini Black Border Paralell – Nice card and nice paralell.
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #AGHS9 – Frank Thomas Baseball Highlights – One of my favorite players growing up, I like these baseball highlights cards!
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #333 – Nick Swisher SP – I like this guy as a Yankee, if you haven’t seen him during the bleacher creature roll call – check it out – he is a guy that has a lot of fun!
I love the 2009 Allen & Ginter series, I just am not too sure what part of the series I want to focus on collecting, so for now I am just going to enjoy busting wax!
Posted in Allen & Ginter
Tagged 2009 allen and ginter, 2009 ginter, Alex Rodriguez, Allen & Ginter, arod, baseball card blog, Baseball Cards, black border, busting wax, Derek Jeter, frank thomas, michael phelps, michael phelps card, nick swisher, pack break, short print, yankee roll call
You know when the bug bites, it generally bites hard… true to that was my second purchase of 2009 Topps Allen and Ginter. I am not here to say if it should or will win any awards for cards this year, but Allen & Ginter for sure is fun wax to bust.
I grabbed another pack from the local cardsmen, and was eager to see what players I would get, and not to mention with every turn of the cards I was dying to get a great Allen & Ginter non-player card.
Here is what I pulled in my second bust of 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter…
I would say my favorite card from this pack has to be:
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #130 – Johnny Damon
A close runner up would be the…
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #AGHS4 – Carlos Zambrano (No-Hitter)
I am going to see where I can get some more 2009 Allen and Ginter to bust locally, as my local card supplier didn’t have too much and wanted quite the premium for what he had, I am hooked on this stuff. Stay tuned for more A&G…
With all the hype surrounding the 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter release, I had to stop by the card store last week and grab a few packs to see what all of the hoopla was about.
My local card guy is a small operation, he doesn’t have great quantities of cards, so he had less than a box to choose from and said that would be all the 2009 Allen & Ginter he would be getting – I really need to look into other options that are close enough to hit on the ol’ lunch break. Whatever, it wasn’t too important, he is a nice enough guy and I like stopping in every week and picking up some new cards.
Without further ado I present my first pack of 2009 Allen & Ginter…
Favorite card from my first pack of 2009 Allen & Ginter is a toss up… I have a hard time deciding between the following two cards:
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #LMT1 – Bigfoot (Creatures Of Legend, Myth and Terror Mini)
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #209 – St. Patrick’s Cathedral
Overall, I would say I like the 2009 Allen & Ginter series and will likely be back for a few more packs. If you see any card’s you are interested in from my first pack, contact me and we can work something out!