As I wrote in my last post about the 2009 Allen & Ginter release it is my favorite product out right now, and after depleting the supply (limited) of my local card store I was on a mission to find a retailer that had the 2009 Ginter. That is what took me to the local Super Target, I mean if any retailer is going to have the product, certainly it would be the Super one right? At least that is what I was thinking when I drove over, sure enough there it was, a retail box of Ginter that looked like it had been previously searched, oh well, I guess I will just see what I can get and I snagged a few packs.
I just couldn’t pick what pack I thought felt the luckiest, I’ll be damned if picking cards isn’t something that makes you feel like a kid again! I couldn’t decide on just one pack, so I ended up walking out with 7 packs of 2009 Allen & Ginter, here is what I pulled…
Here are my favorite pulls from the packs:
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #338 – Jason Wong SP – This guy has his own card because he cracked the 2008 Ginter code!
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #NP71 – Josh Hamilton National Pride Card – If you don’t like Josh for his incrediable comeback story, then you have to like him for his unforgettable homerun derby performance!
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #NP58 – Derek Jeter National Pride Card – You know I love the Yankee captain!
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #66 – Alex Rodriguez Mini – I like the mini cards, maybe that will be the set I will try to collect.
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #AGHS8 – Derek Jeter Baseball Highlights – What a classic play!
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #276 – Michael Phelps Mini Black Border Paralell – Nice card and nice paralell.
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #AGHS9 – Frank Thomas Baseball Highlights – One of my favorite players growing up, I like these baseball highlights cards!
- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter – #333 – Nick Swisher SP – I like this guy as a Yankee, if you haven’t seen him during the bleacher creature roll call – check it out – he is a guy that has a lot of fun!
I love the 2009 Allen & Ginter series, I just am not too sure what part of the series I want to focus on collecting, so for now I am just going to enjoy busting wax!